How can I write a value to a Range widget programmatically

From: Elmore's
Subject: How can I write a value to a Range widget programmatically
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 20:47:56 -0400

I have a flowgraph containing a GUI Range widget and an Out of Tree module. In the OOT Python program I want to read a value from a file and write it to the GUI Range.

It seems to me that this should be simple but I have tried multiple scenarios with imports, method calls and assignments with no success.

I can read the value from the file but I cannot write it to the widget. I get various types of errors depending on the nature of my attempt.

I hope someone can straighten me out.

Jim