Re: Understanding Pulsed signal Demodulation and decimation in GNU Radio

From: Fabian Schwartau
Subject: Re: Understanding Pulsed signal Demodulation and decimation in GNU Radio
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 10:45:22 +0200

Hi Isaac,

I am not sure what you are trying to achive. However, your low pass filter seems to be set up incorrectly. You have a signal with 1MHz and 10MHz samplerate. Your low-pass filter has a cutoff at 5MHz and then down-samples by 100. If you want to make sure that there are no frequency components aliased during the downsampling step, you should have a cutoff of 100kHz or below. When you set the cutoff to 100k and the transition width to 50k, you get a nice constant rect at the output.

Hope that helps.
Best,
Fabian