GrRangeWidget is buggy

From: Miklos Maroti
Subject: GrRangeWidget is buggy
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 20:31:14 +0200

Hi All,

If you use the value of the range widget in an _expression_ for a callback, then you get the error:

TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'float' and 'GrRangeWidget'

I have tested this for the maint 3.10 branch, but the relevant files are unchanged in the master branch. I have attached a simple flowgraph where we have two range widgets, one noise source and one frequency sink. The amplitude of the noise source is the sum of the two range widget values. If you change any of the widgets, then the flowgraph crashes with the above error.

I am not sure why this is happening, any help would be appreciated. One workaround which seems to help if I uncomment the "self.${id} = ${win}" line in the grc yml file.

Best,
Miklos