Re: S Meter

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: S Meter
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 12:40:36 +0100

On Fri, 9 Sep 2022 11:36:53 +0100
"R.P. Merrell" <richard@rpmdesign.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am looking for a way to implement a display of the signal strength being
> received and have tried various methods using the available blocks in my GNU
> 3.10 installation to achieve without success, is their anyone out there who
> has successfully done that who could point me in the right direction,
> please.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Richard G4GUJ.

I have used a Qt GUI Number Sink block for this purpose although it has
the rather disconcerting property of providing textual output as well
as a sliding scale, which can't be switched off.  You obviously need to
take the block's input before your AGC block (if any) and because it
comprises a linear display use logarithmic compression and/or some other
form of compression on that input in order to get meaningful results as
a signal strength monitor.