Re: Dimensions parameter in Chunks to Symbols bloc

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Dimensions parameter in Chunks to Symbols bloc
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 05:11:39 -0400

You're right. My example assumed float output, but it would be easier to use complex out with dimension 1.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022, 03:11 Marcin Puchlik <m.puchlik@is-wireless.com> wrote:
The block outputs "dimension" values for each input
Does that mean that for the same input bit sequence there will be "dimension" output symbols? If yes this is awkward in my opinion

So, a quadrature modulation would have dimension=2 and would output I and Q for each input.
What do you mean quadrature modulation? Let's assume QPSK, which indeed is quadrature modulation, if you want to implement that modulation scheme the Chunks to Symbols blocks setting should look like this:
image.png
image.png
When you would have put Dimension=2 this wouldn't work correctly.

The symbol table would have "dimension" entries for every possible input value.
Can you show any example leveraging Dimensions=2?