Re: multiple pad sinks in hier block does not work

From: Grace Yeung
Subject: Re: multiple pad sinks in hier block does not work
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 15:00:33 -0700

Just in case anyone runs into this.

gr3.10.1 generates hier block code in *.block.yml while gr3.8 generates code in *.py.block.yml. But GRC was loading the code with the old filename extension rather than the new when I was trying to modify an existing hier block to generate multiple outputs, hence the new changes did not show. And a side note, these files are not saved in ~/.grc_gnuradio/ but in the directory where the hier block .grc file is generated (I believe this is corrected in a later version of gr?).

I also ran into the following error downstream of one of these multiple output ports if the Virtual Sink block is used rather than say QT GUI Time Sink:

RuntimeError: delay(73): insufficient connected output ports (1 needed, 0 connected)

where the Delay block indicated here is the block right before the Virtual Sink.

Is this a bug?

Thanks.

Grace