discuss-gnustep

Building Base on Solaris 9

From: Daniel Santos
Subject: Building Base on Solaris 9
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 22:11:01 +0100

Hello,

I installed gcc version 2.95.3 from one of the distribution CD’s of Solaris 9.
It went into /opt/sfw.

I am at the moment stuck on lib FFI. I built and installed version 1.20 from the gcc.gnu.org site.
The last lines of me running the configure script of gnu step base are :

checking ffi.h usability... yes
checking ffi.h presence... yes
checking for ffi.h... yes
checking callback.h usability... yes
checking callback.h presence... yes
checking for callback.h... yes
checking for forwarding callback in runtime... no
checking FFI library usage... none

You do not have an up-to-date libobjc library installed
GNUstep requires libffi (or ffcall) and proper libobjc hooks to do
invocations and DO.
(This does not apply on apple-apple-apple systems where DO is
not compatible with other GNUstep systems.)

You most likely do not want to build base without invocation support.
Many things (including Distributed Objects and undo/redo), won't work
at all without invocations.
If you really want to build -base without invocation support,
add --disable-invocations to the configure arguments.
For more information, read the GNUstep build guide, ffcall section:
configure: error: Incomplete support for ffi functionality.

I have lib FFI installed on /usr/local/ and my pkg config file in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig describing it is  below :

prefix=/usr/local
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include