dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Proof of Concept Plugin is Done

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: [Auth]Proof of Concept Plugin is Done
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:41:17 -0400

First, I would like to send my sympathy to all those
mourning the terrible tragedy in New York this week. I was
horrified by what I watched on TV on Tuesday. Here in
Ottawa, Canada yesterday we had a memorial where 75,000
people showed up to pay their respects to the thousands
lost.

At first, I was concerned over the bizarre coincidence in
the name I had chosen (before Tuesday) for the plugin I have
written. I called it "flysolo". I considered changing the
name after Tuesday, but then decided in defiance of the
terrorists to stick with the name. The Single Login concept
after all is about personal information security and it
seems to me that pressing on is as good a way as any to
shake off the trauma caused by Tuesday.

Buying your own personal executive jet is not a viable
option for most people to avoid getting on a plane with
terrorists. However, managing your own personal information
is a viable alternative to getting on Microsoft Passport and
having some hacker hijack your(and everyone else's) personal
information. The Flysolo project is dedicated to this
purpose.

"Mario D. Santana" wrote:
> I thought it might be best to start with a
> generic PIB-handling library, and maybe a generic SIML-handling lib,
> too, before starting on the Mozilla-specific code.

I have done this and am releasing the code under LGPL.

Feel free in accordance with the LGPL to adopt this code as
part of the DotGNU Virtual Identities Project.

In addition to the API I am releasing an early prototype of
a plugin dll for Windows IE and Netscape that uses the API.

The Flysolo project is hosted at
http://flysolo.sourceforge.net

--
Albert Scherbinsky
Drop by at: http://members.home.net/alberts/

Convenient control of our personal information:
Single Login:
http://members.home.net/alberts/single.htm
Simple Interface Markup Language:
http://members.home.net/alberts/siml.htm