dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Virtual Identity proposal

From: Tolga KILICLI
Subject: Re: [Auth]Virtual Identity proposal
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:37:12 +0300

all the things seems ok but, via vis you are giving users  a tool for
manipulating identity information.

Why not, building a backend that check only the ID of the user via browser. IE
and Netscape is doing this when the web server requests the public key auth.
In this way dotGNU can five the mobility to the users.

And if you want a secure place to hold the keys you should use a smart card. By
using smart cards also you can support your business clients to use the card
instead of files.

Smart card issuing increases costs of the system on per user basis, but gives
mobility and security to the users and also clients.

tk.