dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]ISsec Profile Providers (was Re: IDsec meeting)

From: John Pugh
Subject: Re: [Auth]ISsec Profile Providers (was Re: IDsec meeting)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:55:57 -0700

Ok...I'm not getting my point across. Got it.
Thanks.

>>> David Sugar <address@hidden> 11/30 2:31 PM >>>
In the IDsec implimentation you can run a completely authoratitive
"Profile Provider" on your own individual workstation if you wish and
choose to do so, and thereby need not trust anyone else with your data.

 The idea that providers of identity can exist, and that they can
operate at any level, from an internet wide service provider to
something an individual company might run, or even an individual user,

has always been consistent and a key goal in DotGNU to protect privacy.

 I happen to like the IDsec implimentation particularly for this reason

personally.

Yes there are other very interesting proposals, some similar and some
different.  All should be treated with courtosy and certainly all
proposals will be evaluated in what they do to protect privacy of user

data.