dotgnu-auth

[Auth]macs 0.1-alpha released

From: Mario D. Santana
Subject: [Auth]macs 0.1-alpha released
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:19:22 -0400

I know I've been quiet for a while. I've had my head down and my nose to
the grindstone, racing towards ... the first fully functional release of
macs!

 - It's grabbable from http://sf.net/projects/macs
 - All the core components are functional (though there's some features
   still to be implemented.)
 - This is a developer's alpha release; I wouldn't use it to protect
   anything real just yet.
 - I'm ready to get serious about entering the "horse-race" here.

There's overview documentation available on the website. But macs'
greatest strength is the `m' -- Modular. It's very flexible and
extensible as an access control and user profiling solution. A Jabber
front-end would be easy to add (it's already got XML-RPC and SOAP
interfaces available.) It can make a large conglomerate of user
information sources work like one big source.

Cheers, and let me know what you think.

mds

--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.