dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]So how did Denver go?

From: Mario D . Santana
Subject: Re: [Auth]So how did Denver go?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:59:21 -0500

David,

It occurs to me that I haven't replied to you yet! Finally got a good night's sleep and am playing catch-up with a few things. I guess that's a good sign, or at least I'm taking it taking it that way.

Denver was outstanding in many ways. It was a small conference with a high bigwig-to-littlewig ratio. Got to chat with Doc Searls, Chris Locke, Andre Durand, John Terpstra, and Dick Hardt, among many others. The whole identity management thing is taking off but folks don't know exactly what they want yet, and various folks got very excited about us, including folks from Sony, Toyota, Boeing, and State Farm, to name the ones that come to mind first.

A lot of very interesting conversations, a lot of very forward thinking. I think Conductor (nee MACS) is in a good position with its emphasis on legacy apps: that seems to be a blind spot in most of the big competition's strategy.

So now the moment of truth. Can Medley close a deal by the end of the year? I hope so -- otherwise, I'll have to get a job of some sort. Time will tell.

Cheers!

mds