[DotGNU]Re: Q: Can you build an authentication system on OS?

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: Q: Can you build an authentication system on OS?
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:41:46 +0200

From address@hidden Thu Jul  5 18:15:12 EDT 2001
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:24:59 +0200
From: Norbert Bollow <address@hidden>
Prefer-Language: de, en, fr
To: address@hidden
Cc: <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu.org website (was Re: .GNU)
Sender: address@hidden

GREAT idea!!!

I think a good starting point for building this would be to use
Faq-O-Matic (see http://faqomatic.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/1.html
for info).

I can install Faq-O-Matic using the URL http://faq.dotgnu.org/
under the 'dotgnu' user ID on my server, and give you access to
that user ID so that you can modify the scripts if/when desired.

(The advantage of using http://faq.dotgnu.org/ instead of
http://dotgnu.org/faq/ is that if we ever want to have the FAQ
system on a server which is different from the server or servers
which host the main DotGNU website, that can be done with an
URL like http://faq.dotgnu.org/ without using any redirects.  If
we succeed in making DotGNU a real success, the DotGNU website
will gert so much traffic that it will have to be spread across
several servers.)

Alternatively, if you prefer to put the DotGNU FAQ system on
SourceForge, I can simply set up a redirect from http://faq.dotgnu.org/
to the URL at SourceForge.

What do you think?

-- NB.