[DotGNU]Identity/Authorization Project

From: Adam Theo
Subject: [DotGNU]Identity/Authorization Project
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 21:46:50 -0400

Hello, Adam Theo here;

Thank you to everyone here on the dotGNU developers list. I have enjoyed every post that has come through since I signed up, and found the ideas issues that have come through to be informative.

I am particularly interested in this project's need for an Identity and Authorization system.

For the past month and a half, myself and two others have been quietly working on an open source Identity and Authorization system. up until now we have just been working on it over jabber (an open source instant messaging system) and a mailing list i had set up for it. We have not been publicizing our effort because we know many previous attempts by others have been hyped and failed horribly. So we decided we would not speak out until we had some solid ideas and other pieces to actually show for it. That time has just about come, we have decided, and at a perfect time, we think.

We have seen a surge of interest and need for an Identity system that is free and open. We are now inviting people to join in and share their ideas with us. Do not think we have set our notions of how the system will work. What we do have is a few good ideas that we think can work, and would like to throw them out there to the wind, so to speak, and see what everyone thinks. Also, feel free to post your own ideas. they can form new ideas that we can all work off of.

I think it is possible our two projects can work together, We are not trying to make a .NET copied system, and I understand this project needs some ideas for an Identity and Authorization system. I cannot promise how much we can work together. It could be our goals and methods turn out to be very different. But no matter what, at the very least we can freely share ideas and concepts to help each other out.

I encourage everyone interested in a Identity and Authorization system for dotGNU to sign up for the Theoretic Identity project mailing list. We do not have any ideas or concepts set in stone, so everything is still open to discussion.

subscribe:   address@hidden
 from field must be of address you want to subscribe under. that is all!

when you have replied to the confirmation email, i encourage you to send at least a short post to: address@hidden (the posting address) to say hello and a bit about you.

if you have any questions before subscribing, i'm more than happy to answer them. but please, email me privately, no need to clutter this list with our talks :-)

email: address@hidden
jabber: address@hidden
icq: 3617306
aim: AdamTheo2000

thank you very much for any interest you show, even if it is just the occasional 'yes, i like this' post :)
--
  /\   Theoretic Solutions (www.Theoretic.com):
 //\\    'Activism, Software, and Internet Services'