[DotGNU]Project proposal: Visual development environment for DotGNU

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [DotGNU]Project proposal: Visual development environment for DotGNU
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:09:05 +0200

X-From_: address@hidden  Fri Jul  6 14:34:46 2001
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 17:33:07 +0500
From: Tee Emm <address@hidden>
To: Norbert Bollow <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Questions for NewsForge story

Hello,

One small idea: You said MS windows has an unfair advantage
over GNU stuff in respect of 'userfriendliness'. Of course,
it would be difficult to pursue someone to use a frame work
(of dotGNU) that revolves around not-so-userfriendly Linux
or something else. What comes to my mind is that the dotGNU
can work on the lines that would let developers develop
simple programs in MS VB or any other RAD environment that
use the backend of dotGNU which works over Linux/PostgreSQL,
XML/SOAP based servers. This way, we will be turning the
tables right on Microsoft while still ensuring that the
core of the computing network remains powered with Linux
or some other GNU based operating system.

Can you please forward this mail to any other platform
where it might be relavent? Thanks.

Tariq Mustafa
Pakistan
address@hidden