Re: Fwd: Re:[DotGNU]What IS .NET really

From: modman
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re:[DotGNU]What IS .NET really
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:06:24 -0400

I am sure that I speak for most people hear when I say that it is not our
intention to deploy a system that locks people into this method of Minnie
Hailstorms, However, incentive to deploy is an important aspect of this
project, if no one was to deploy this system then no one could use it. I
think that it may be best if we left the decision of where the data is kept
up to the ISP, thatway, customers can decide who they want to use as their
ISP based on how their data is stored. granted, Most ISPs will opt for the
central Database and most people will jump on-board Willy nilly, but the
decision was not ours so we can not take responsability for that.

Christian makes a valid and important point that we need to address, if we
can not come up with a system that will give incentive for deployment then we
are doing this project in vein.