[DotGNU]Re: the hear and now

From: Juergen Sawinski
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: the hear and now
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:22:10 +0200

Well, good point to get the foot in the door *asap*.
But splitting the list is IMAO a not so good idea, because there are people like me, that get lost in developing new and better ideas instead of concentrating on the current problem, or in other words we loose think power.

As we currently need as much man power as we can get and as good ideas can get lost in paper piles (archives) if they're not well documented, I'd recommend:

Have a non-public homepage (accessible by the mailing list passwd or so) with a feature request list. Each entry should then be discussed and moved to either the 2.0 or the 1.0 feature page.
0.02euro
George

Jeremy Petzold wrote:

I suggest that we get a new mailing list going that involves only the hear and
now problems. we need to get our foot in the door ASAP.

we need to get a 1.0 out the door in a few months, not a year or so, even if it
will be entirely replaced in 2.0

we need to compete with passport now, we need to compete with .NET in a few
years.

the only way to do this is to split discussion up into 2 parts, the grand
scheme and the hear and now scheme.

the 1.0 list should be a discussion of how to implement standard tools easily in a way that can be picked up and used with very little expertise in programming/scripting.
I have herd some great Ideas, but they are being diluted by Ideas that won't
come to fruition for a while. we need to concentrate these Ideas to make
development faster.

get an new mailing list for version 1.0 so that we can start making some
headway. I mean, geese, I feel like I am a congressman for god sakes :-)

thanks for your ears...er Eyes :-)

Regards,

Jeremy
http://www.shopping.altavista.com