[DotGNU]Productive Time

From: Myrddian
Subject: [DotGNU]Productive Time
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:21:58 +1000

Ok, it's my turn.

1) Can we please stop sending bulk E-mails to each other, this issue regarding
   Martin is getting out of hand.

2) If any body here is going to take initiative on accusing us or other members
   of the team to RMS or any other external person, you will get a warning. If
you
   have something to tell tell it to me. It is incredibly rude to find messages
   from RMS or Miguel, accusing me or any other team member of doing something
wrong.

3) As for the Java vs Mono vs .NET That is also getting out of hand. Ok, here
is a simple
   statement. We will not implement DotGNU on top of any propreitary Platforms,
it is that
   simple.  Now before you start stating that we had agreed to use Java and
.NET, the DotGNU
   Platform will allow execution of these bytecode. DotGNU in it self will not
be built
   on top of Mono or Java.

4) Now Coding will start on a Registry Sub-system, for the DotGNU framework and
Platform
   If you wish to contact me please do so. An API spec will be announced some
time next
   week, I suggest that you READ THE DOCUMENTATION before putting an opinion
forward, or
   suggesting a change.

5) Another document will be place forward, it will deal with the DotGNU Platform

6) Another revision for the RLS document will be placed

7) An provisional Document (In two weeks) discussing possible implementations
for the DotGNU servers and
   deamons

8) A possible Document (in two weeks) discussing the several Authentication
methods already mentioned

9) Can we stop this silly flame war, it is costing us time and effort. It is
also raising tension b/w
   us. If you interested in the Regsitry Subsystem please contact me, I will
try to set up a
   mailing list after the document has been released to continue improvements.

I think I had my rant.