Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft is claiming IP on the "standards" they submitted

From: David L. Nicol
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft is claiming IP on the "standards" they submitted
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:49:44 -0500

Jeremy Petzold wrote:

> there is a linuxtoday article that says the M$ is going to retain IP and
> licencing rights to certain aspects of .NET that they have submited to
> the ECMA hear is the link we better watch ourselfs

How could this mean anything stronger than, you can't cut and paste from
their description of the protocols into your description of the protocols?

For instance:

        Macrofluffy: The element E must interface with socket J exclusively.

        DotGnu: Each socket gets bound to its own element, and nothing else

No problem!

--
                                           David Nicol 816.235.1187