Re: [DotGNU]more volenteers

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]more volenteers
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 16:59:42 -0400

Stewart wrote:

> Hello all
>
> Whilst we are on the subject of volenteers here is another one.
>
> I wish to help the DotGNU project. I have limited experience in programming
> as I am currently doing my second year in Information Technology full-time.
>
> I have been meaning to get into open source programming for a while and
> now is the perfect opportunity and I hope that there is a kind hearted soul
> that could show me the
> ropes so to say. What to do what to do and when to do it. I haven't even done
> a project for work
> let alone open source so really this will be my first serious project
>
> My level of experience is newbie in : C / C++, (very newbie) in Java, SQL, VB
> (poo), Scarda, Delphi.
>
> I hope that there is a place for me some where in the DotGNU project.
>
> Thanks
> Stewart Mackenzie

There's a place for everyone in this project.  There's too much to do
for this just to be "experts only".  But even so, how do expert coders
get to be expert coders?  We learn.  And everyone will learn in this
project.  There are very few experts in the area of replacing key
Microsoft network technology through the use of server and client
software, and in uniting development platforms to attain our goal.

So, welcome aboard :)

        -Barry