Re: [DotGNU](no subject)

From: Kent Nguyen
Subject: Re: [DotGNU](no subject)
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:04:27 +0000

Dear Martin,

My name is Kent Nguyen.  I am Vietnamese -- a naturalized American citizen.
I was born in Vietnam. My parent left Vietnam to go to the US for a better
opportunity.  The US welcomed us with open arms.  What's unfortunate was that
my dad's friends who decided to go to China instead, have been beaten, and
enslaved by the Chinese government.  Worse, several of his friends made a
detour to Thailand, and met Thailand pirates.  They did terrible things to
them.

If you consider my birth in Vietnam as a position to speak as a Vietnamese,
then I don't think Americans are as bad as you made them out to be.  Better
yet, I think they are more decent and civilized than 95% of the people in
this world (Vietnam, China, and Thailand are you listening!).

Till this day, Vietnam is very poor.  I thought with the new government,
they've somehow improved themselves, and provide better standard of living
for their people.  Not only it was worse than when I have left it, it became
a country full of corruption and militant-ruling style.  The oppression
through the use of guns much like how the Tabilan government like to rule
their people.

> Is there a single American on this list capable of constructing a reasoned
> response to my post? Apparently not, you're all great at being loud and
> oppressive though, aren't you?

Nope.  I am a Vietnamese-American, am very damn proud of this country.  I
stand behind the country and President Bush.  If this country wants to go to
war against terrorism, I will volunteer myself.

> That's what got you where you are today.

Nope.  America has free speech.  China, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam
don't.  Free speech helps America.  Free speech also helps dotgnu.  Though,
America is working backward with their free speech, for example the DMCA.
But overall they are far BETTER AND MORE TOLERANT than Vietnam.

> The world does hate you. Until you deal with that, your only other option
> is to sit and wait for Round II.

The world in my eye doesn't hate America.  In fact, the world loves America.

http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=50009562&f=34709834&m=1

  Round II is when countries like China, Vietnam, and Thailand to model after
America.  The day these countries become more civilized and allow free speech
to occur, is the day I feel Round II has come.

> The whitehouse is a good target, fingers crossed.

If you say something like this similiar to the Vietnamese government, and
you're in Vietnam, they'll hunt you down, and kill you.  It's sad that you
take your free speech for granted.  More than 30% of the world don't have
that right.

Peace,

--
Kent Nguyen