[DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] initial questions

From: Bill Lance
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] initial questions
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:54:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Tim,

--- Tim Terlegård <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I'm very interested in this VRS/SEE/DEE project. But
> before I open my mouth
> I'd like to ask:
>
> Is it decided that VRS will be the SEE
> implementation? Will all discussions
> be based on the VRS specification/design on the VRS
> homepage (by Bill Lance)
> or will there be several specifications competing
> for the final
> implementation?

At this point VRS and SEE/DEE are seperate projects.
They have somewhat different goals.  SEE/DEE is
focusing on an ASP type system where the users can
leave, with thier data, and run it locally in the SEE.
Where as VRS begins locally with the LDS, but that can
expand into a larger cluster if desired.

There is overlap between the SEE design and parts of
the VRS.  Right now, we are trying to sort out exactly
what that overlap is, and in the process refining the
ideas for both SEE and VRS.

It would be great if both VRS and SEE could evolve in
a way that SEE could support both appraoches.  After
all, ultimately it's doing the same job, running
webservices on your local machine.

> Is this the mailing-list to discuss VRS/SEE/DEE?

I'd say lets discuss it on the .dotgnu list.  All VRS
developers read that also, and others need to be in on
this conversation.