[DotGNU]cscc::optimisation::literals

From: S11001001
Subject: [DotGNU]cscc::optimisation::literals
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:49:22 -0600

Here's an optimisation idea for cscc:

Change all string literals to static class members. Why? Because if you are going to call the function multiple times and it instantiates the String every time, that's a waste. If you only call it once, then it's no big deal.

Just an idea based on my growing habit of declaring string literals as private static const members.

--
> I've hacked the Xaw3d library to give you a Win95 like interface and it
> is named Xaw95. You can replace your Xaw3d library.
Oh God, this is so disgusting!
        -- seen on c.o.l.development.apps, about the "Win95 look-alike"