Re: [DotGNU]Why DotGNU should use Jabber (I'm finally back :-)

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Why DotGNU should use Jabber (I'm finally back :-)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 22:13:13 -0600

Adam Theo wrote:
I'm making one of the first things I do is convince all of you here at
this massive project to use Jabber for DotGNU's XML routing and maybe
even as the preferred transport over the crude and limited HTTP.

<speaking from="SEE Standpoint">

I am looking at Jabber as a way to manage:

1. communication between SEEs
2. communication between SEE and language plugins
3. communication between user (`seerun') and SEE (invocation, etc)

So, I must ask, where is jabber:middleware as of now? And how can SEE use Jabber? Also, I should ask everyone, exactly what is needed from IPC in this case?

</speaking>

--
> What does ELF stand for (in respect to Linux?)
ELF is the first rock group that Ronnie James Dio performed with back in
the early 1970's.  In constrast, a.out is a misspelling  of the French word
for the month of August.  What the two have in common is beyond me, but
Linux users seem to use the two words together.
        -- seen on c.o.l.misc