Re: [DotGNU]Intentional Programming/ .NET tools

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Intentional Programming/ .NET tools
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:19:03 +1000

James Michael DuPont wrote:

> <snip href="http://www.omniscium.com/nerdy/ip/";>

According to this page, Microsoft has several patents
on Intentional Programming.  This means that DotGNU
cannot touch it with a 40-foot pole.

> "IP source code is stored in a hierarchical database"
> that sounds like the what I am doing with the tree
> nodes in the introspector...

Then you better go read the patents and make sure you
aren't violating them.

The other things you mentioned are example programs for
.NET, which are interesting.  Although, because they use
Windows.Forms for GUI work, pnet is unlikely to be able
to execute them any time soon.