[DotGNU]Portable.NET roadmap idea & next meet.

From: Gopal . V
Subject: [DotGNU]Portable.NET roadmap idea & next meet.
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:38:47 +0530

Hi everyone,
        This message as usual announces the portable.net meet for the
weekend on IRC at

irc.openprojects.net #dotgnu at 1000 UTC
(UTC is GMT most of the time , but not in winter due to DST)

Cool Idea
Also I have been mulling around with an idea to speed up Pnetlib
developement. The "pick a class & work" is a great idea when you
know what you're doing , but when it comes to learning C# writing
pnetlib it sucks !.

So the idea of the week is something called a weekly roadmap. This
is a priority TODO for the week. This is some motivation to people
like me who are practically aimless in development. Also this will
help people to pick a class for which purpose /pnetlib/HACKING is
totally useless.

Also we'll be featuring a contributor of the week for the person
who patches the maximum bugs/classes in that week.  Also the
"Bugmeister" award goes to the guy who finds bugs in the pnetlib/
pnet codes (fixing it will score you two points). Only patches & bugs
reported in Savannah are considered , so don't mail it here !.

So if someone likes this idea (which I gathered from the last meeting),
please do comment on it. I'll write a web-application to feature these
stuff and do a lot of work to help the newbies (even write docs)......

Gopal.V

PS: will work on a "This week in DotGNU" tonight , I'm off coding in an
    attempt to prevent hard-boiling my brain.