Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET roadmap idea & next meet.

From: Gopal . V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET roadmap idea & next meet.
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:53:20 +0530

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 02:02:18PM -0400, Jerry Walter wrote:
> Good idea. I have been thrashing for about 3 weeks on what to work on and I
> being one of those new to pnetlib, C# and how the whole framework of this
> 'tiger' is laid out, ahs got me stumped. I would suggest we develop a
> dependency list, and work at it from that point of view.

More importantly we should plan for a future where there are more
developers or a developer community . The current setup is good only
when there are a handful of developers here.

As far as slaying the tiger is concerned , we have a nice little pit
laid out for tomorrow . Hoping that the tiger shows up :).

Ok, so there might be a small tutorial on C# tomorrow if that's what
all of you want .

Also I will then proceed to build a dependency tree for ECMA classes
from the All.xml . (digraphs are my favourite data structure!). We'll
identify the priority classes and do them first.

> I would also like to suggest set up a lead developer and a assistant
> developers for some of the interfaces.

Actually we do have a "Lead Developer At Large" for pnetlib . It's me.
I have been "At Large" for the past few weeks due to exams and lab stuffs.
Peter Minten (silvernerd) happens to be the System.NET Lead developer .
Now that my exams have subsided until 10th next month, I've sat down to
work a bit on pnetlib/pnet and even more help newbies contrib a class.

> This way the virtual team for that interface can bounce ideas off of
> each other. Thoughts and remarks ?

We're currently doing each interface individually . Will consider
implementing this when we have two developers working on similar stuff.
(or maybe you would like to pair up with an experienced guy ?)

Gopal.V