Re: Designing SEE before anything else (was Re: [DotGNU]SEE and interact

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: Designing SEE before anything else (was Re: [DotGNU]SEE and interaction with vm's)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:40:27 +0530

If memory serves me right, Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

> 3 is relatively easy because, idealy, all you need to do is to provide
> the type of VM and location, along with the location of the image that
> you want to run.  It's a simple exec function.

yes probably something like what the current clwrap does ... in a larger
scale covering more VMs maybe :-)

> The solution to 2: the VM and the libraries contain the profile support
> and wall off the running code there.  That's the best way to handle it.

Well we really need a policy broker daemon then ? ... The ideal solution
for a policy daemon would be to provide a policy object during runtime
initialization which persists during execution...

CORBA would be acceptable there , if only I could get it to work in C ..
(a config.xml file for each app/assembly would be sufficent as well..)

> Most of this could actually be menially achieved with a shell script.

Tell me ...

Hope everyone likes my idea (which is more the result of not trying to be
too clever than brilliance ...)

Gopal