Re: [DotGNU]Swiss Cocoa

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Swiss Cocoa
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:41:36 +0530

If memory serves me right, Brandon Bremen wrote:
> I was thinking about the idea of writing a Cocoa, MacOS X's, window
> drawing library, wrapper for C#. But, on IRC, we realized that Cocoa
> probably doesnt support C; only object oriented languages including
> Objective C, C++, and Java. Anyone have any ideas on how to wrap it?

Do what COM did ? (wrap object contruction/operation in functions ?)

If only we could wrap C++ directly into PInvoke , it would be much
easier ... Also Cocoa being "non" portable wouldn't have the issues
with alignment or other issues .

If we can Dlopen stuff from Objective C , and you know what the parameters
are , I think that might be the solution afterall :-) ..

But the question of how to wrap the event framework is entirely beyond me.
Maybe you should take a peek at Rhys's X11 wrappers for a similar
effort on a differnt API :-)

Gopal

PS: that subject line was *wicked* (made me read this mail in the first place)