Re: [DotGNU]Todo's

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Todo's
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:07:37 +0530

If memory serves me right, Timothy Rue wrote:
>  PM> required). Note that this is not official so things could change,
>  PM> especially the lexer/parser part and the sound lib since these
>  PM> idea's are new (the compression lib idea is also new but I don't
>  PM> expect much resistance here).
>
> Would it be possible to create a web page that makes use of horizontal bar
> graphs to indicate how far the different parts are in their completition?

Completion is an inaccurate term when a person is designing the libs,
I could perhaps fix up such a graph for ECMA completion coz I already
have a peek at what "Complete" is :-). (http://dotgnu.info/pnetlib-status
should show you the number of missing classes and methods.)

I wouldn't call anything complete until it is bloatware .... and everyone
is using version 7.3 instead of your latest 11.33Pre3 ..

I would rather use the term "Project Status"

"Planning"   => "Paper towels with UML and marker on the wall"
"HelloWorld" => "Can you guess !, our program just took a step"
"Alpha"      => "Under severe testing with the debugger"
"Beta"       => "Works as good as Alpha promised , really !"
"Unstable"   => "Crashes when you type something wrong, otherwise works"
"Stable"     => "Works beautifully, but lacks n features"
"Complete"   => "Works slower but is great to look & relax, has 2n bugs"
"Redesign"   => "Tried to fix the bugs put in from day1, starting over"

just my 2 cents (of philosophical junk)

Having said that , we'll keep the "some like it tech" discussions on
the address@hidden mailing list and keep this list updated
weekly (we'll discuss it at the weekly IRC meet anyway).

Gopal

PS: this implies DOS is a "Complete" operating system, but what the heck !