[DotGNU]Forum Update 30-7-2002

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [DotGNU]Forum Update 30-7-2002
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:56:25 +0200

Hi folks,

here's an update on what's been happening in the Forum project.

--- UPDATE ---
Project status: Approved as a GNU package

I managed to reduce the internal node structure of Forum from three trees with
unlimited levels to a single tree with three levels which also contains all data
of a forum, something which wasn't in the original plans. This makes it possible
to save all data from a forum in a single XML file.

I've also implemented the DotGNU build system in Forum, Forum now supports
./auto_gen.sh; ./configure; make; make install; .

I'm making plans for 3D plaza's. The VRML core component discussed in another
thread would make this quite easy. Now I just hope the component will support C#
in VRML besides the standard Java stuff so that the VRML files used in the
plaza's can interact directly with other webservices (which would be a seriously
Cool Thing :-).

--- END UPDATE ---

Greetings,

Peter