[DotGNU]using Platform; error messages

From: Charles Shuller
Subject: [DotGNU]using Platform; error messages
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:44:23 -0500

I can't seem to get anything from Platform.FileMethod to work. Am I missing a flag or something??

Some Specifics:

I don't actually care too much about FileMethod in particular, but I decided to start implementing the System.IO functions in pnetlib, and this seems to require calling methods which are built in to the runtime environment and abstracted away by the Platform Objects. (Let me know if I'm wrong). However whenever I attempt to use a Platform method, specifically:

Platform.FileMethods.ValidatePathname(".");

I get:

chazz_hello.cs:9: `Platform' is not declared in the current scope
chazz_hello.cs:9: invalid left operand to `.'
chazz_hello.cs:9: invalid left operand to `.'
chazz_hello.cs:9: called object is not a method or delegate

I have tried every 'using' statement I can think of.

I don't think it is important, but just in case, some details about my system:

Linux ranmaru 2.4.18 #7 Tue Sep 24 13:09:54 CDT 2002 i686 unknown

GLIBC 2.2.5

GCC 3.1.1

Thanks!

--Charles