Re: [DotGNU]Fwd: Idea for Inline::Csharp::pnet

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Fwd: Idea for Inline::Csharp::pnet
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:12:49 +0100

On Monday 14 October 2002 10:01, James Michael DuPont wrote:

> > The pnet runtime is very small, embeddable and written in c. They are
> > very interested in finding users for this system. It might not be as
> > far as the .MONO project, but the embeddable nature makes it
> > attractive.

I've just got pnet build to produce shared libraries.
(To whom do I submit the makefile/configure patches? Via savannah? To the
Weekend Warriors? To Rhys?)

I'm now embedding it within a VRS module as a proof of concept.  This is
something that may be of use for SEE.

> > Also there is the upcoming Secure Execution Environment project that
> > will allow for the secure execution of CLI modules from inside a
> > webservice. This will be even exciting for inline users.

Ah.. see above.

> > Also via Inline::Csharp::cscc, we can embed the C# compiler and use
> > that for generation of APIs based on the C# syntax. The attribute
> > mechanism from C# will allow for the precompiling of the function
> > bodies and the reflection mechanism allows access to that structure.
> > Then we can wrap a mini-perl inside of assembly and allow it to be
> > called back by the CLI system

This is interesting.  I don't understand a word of it mind :o)
I think the coolness of attributes is currently lost on me.  Need to do some
reading me thinks.

> > I hope to hear from you, What do you think about this?
> > In fact, I would like to get your support, I have proposed this to
> > the pnet core team and they are interested in it. Anyone else?

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.