Re: [DotGNU]PNet shared object patch

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]PNet shared object patch
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:02:10 +0100

On Monday 14 October 2002 16:32, Chris Smith wrote:
> The attached makes pnet generate shared objects (may be disabled by
> configure --disable-shared).

Except when built as shared objects, they are not thread safe!

I fell foul of libtools exciting way of building, and was runing a statically
linked version of ilrun in my pre-release tests!! Doh!

Anyway, I will try and delv deeper, but I think it'll be a long slog....
debugging multiple threads :o(

Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.
  "Internet Technologies, Distributed Systems and Tuxedo Consultancy"
  E: address@hidden  W: http://www.nfluid.co.uk