[DotGNU]Torture Testing ilrun

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]Torture Testing ilrun
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:14:21 +0530

Hi All,
        Being bored of life in general and having a lot of college
work left to do ... I decided to have a little fun torturing cscc
and ilrun , to see if there are any loose holes...

        I seem to have caught one .... The torture bug was 1212
repetitions of

try
{
        Console.WriteLine("Line <num>");
}
catch(Exception err)
{
}

I started this test mainly to see if I could generate multiple
extra method sections ... But I got a VerificationException
(not from ilverify, but only from ilrun) at TryTorture2048.cs
and TryTorture4096 , but not from TryTorture1024....

This is activated only if someone puts more than thousand exceptions
into ONE METHOD , so this is a "<this hole exists>" bug and low priority.

So a manual binary search resulted in the bug attached...
And I also confirm that the stuff works when I disable CVM_X86 and
related optimisations. And the FooBar() method seems to be verified
twice ?.

A copy of this also goes into Savannah.gnu.org as well ...

Gopal