Re: [DotGNU]Whatever Happened to GCJ??

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Whatever Happened to GCJ??
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:30:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Matthew C. Tedder" <address@hidden> wrote:

> BTW:  What ever happened to the GCJ project, is anyone actually still
> working
> on it.  I am not much of a Java programmer (prefer C/C++) but
> compiling Java
> to RTL could have many numerous benefits making C@ totally obsolete
> for my
> needs.

If you look at the last mails I have sent to the introspector dev
lists,
you will find the latest GJC with the introspector patch applied to it.
This uses the tree structure of the c engine as well.

I have posted the sources, patched sources, and binaries for cygwin. I
hope to patch and post the linux version by monday.

The GCJ can be used to compile java code to .o, this will be very
interesting to reuse the novosoft XMI lib and other java libs that are
part of the ArgoUML tool in the DIA/Introspector project for example.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/