Re: [DotGNU]cscc/ecma c# question - 3 (unsafe code)

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]cscc/ecma c# question - 3 (unsafe code)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:24:34 +0530

If memory serves me right, Ravi Mishra wrote:
> I am trying to execute unsafe code snippet ...
>                         fixed (byte* pArray = arr)

> Looks like 'fixed' code segment is not getting executed.
>
> Any ideas/suggestions?

ILNode_SemAnalysis(ILNode_Fixed)
ILNode_GenDiscard(ILNode_Fixed)

Are still TODO ....  It seems to need an ILScopeDeclareReadonly()
to declare a variable which doesnot give an LValue, and an ILNode_AddressOf
wrapper for the initializer .... the `HOW' question needs some help
(from rhys).

Or does it need work on the runtime side as well ? (but AFAIK, the
stack is not relocatable at runtime ... ?)

Actually you seem to have found yet another "missing" feature :-)

viz pointer++ ..

Which should be yet another entry of the cg_optable.c ? ,
or do we do something with extra like , make a ILNode_PostIncPtr ?

And... hmm... you seem to be really keen to bring pnet up to standard..

Thanks for the extra effort ,
Gopal

PS: wait a while, I'm just a Weekend Warrior ;-)