Re: [DotGNU]C# dev'rs at my university, Questions for them?

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]C# dev'rs at my university, Questions for them?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:37:45 +1000

On 24-Oct-2002, minddog <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey the Evil Empire is going to be at my University on thursday, which is
> today UTC.  If anyone has some really good questions about their development
> on .net or C# just post them here.  I'll check my email right before the
> meeting and post answers to them during or afterwards.

Please ask them why the .NET library doesn't have any way to set an
environment variable.

If you feel like heckling ;-), you could also ask them why
System.Double.Epsilon is the smallest positive double, rather than
being the difference between 1.0 and the next floating point number.
In other words, why they chose to use a different meaning than the
already established meaning used in ANSI/ISO C, ANSI Common Lisp, etc.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit