Re: [DotGNU]Microsofts plans for the future of C#

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Microsofts plans for the future of C#
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:57:47 +1000

Adam Treat wrote:

> * Generics
> * Iterators
> * Anonymous methods
> * Partial types

All very interesting.  Are there specifications available that
describe the full syntax and semantics, including how to map them
to IL definitions behind the scenes?  We can't do much until a
spec is available, and not hidden behind a EULA or Shared Source
click-wrap page.

> *** Example of the using statement:
> Has anyone seen this before?  I'm not sure if this is an addition to the
> language or what?

"using" is in the current spec, but not yet implemented by cscc
(there was a bug about this a couple of weeks ago).