[DotGNU]About non coding contributions

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]About non coding contributions
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 08:34:52 +0530

Hi All,
        The most common comment I see when someone new comes into the coding
department of Portable.Net is "I'm not that experienced in coding" ....
So here's an oppurtunity for just those kind of newbies ...

1) The resource files for various languages
   We have I18n resource files for English, now to convert the english
phrases to other languages like Spanish , French , German , ..... If
your language is not featured here ... then pick up a unicode editor
and type up the resources in... (custom charsets are slightly out of
fashion)..

        There are a number of resource files for pnetlib (stored in
pnetlib/resources).. So the movement is to tackle a file at a time ..
translation should be easy ..

2) Documentation
        The DotGNU documentation project (http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/dgdp)
has been lying there unmaintained for the past 4 months ... So if you're
good at writing docs , I could give you commit access there and that sort
of would be it ! ... For example I had asked for someone to update the
csunit_howto.html with the latest info I posted to the list ...

Both of these need different talents from the code demons ... we appreciate
such contributions as they are invaluable to the users of the program...

Gopal