Re: [DotGNU]Compile-error

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Compile-error
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:20:13 +0530

If memory serves me right, Pascal Hauser wrote:
> But then when I tried to compile a class that uses that library.. I got
> the following error:
>
> 1 token 0x0A00001C: member
> 'System.Text.RegularExpressions.GroupCollection.get_Item' not found
> 2 my.dll: unresolved external references

Are you using current CVS ?. Because a similar bug was reported and
fixed . That involved the on-demand loading which was having problems
with Synthetic array types. This might just be it again.

> When I tried to ILRun the executable compiled with the MS Compiler I got
> the following error:
>
> 1 metadata error: index is missing or an obsolete version
> 2 setitest.exe: invalid metadata in image

Are you using /debug or /incremental because MS.NET has not standardized
one of the streams (IIRC it was #-) . This is used for incremental builds.
Until we have a published specification of this , we cannot support this.
The orginal .NET beta distributed had this issue.

Gopal