[DotGNU]I have a project that may interest DotGNU

From: Eric MacAdie
Subject: [DotGNU]I have a project that may interest DotGNU
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 23:49:13 -0600

I have a project that may be of interest to all of you working on DotGNU.

I made a website that allows people to register and keep track of which sites do and do not allow people to complete e-commerce transactions using non-Microsoft OSes and browsers. Since we've got to deal with dot NET, Passport, Palladium, "digital rights management" and who knows what else, I thought somebody should keep track of this stuff.

The URL is: http://www.shellfspace.net/ (which should direct you to http://www.shellfspace.net/servlet/openingPage).

Granted, I'm just some nobody who knows some Java, but I set a goal to do make a site to track which sites you can use MS-free. As far as I know, there are no other sites that do this. Now I'm done, and ready for it to be used. (I have gotten a few NullPointerExceptions when trying to do things without letting it set cookies, but for the most part it seems to work.) Maybe it will sink like a stone and never be heard from again.

There don't seem to be too many "cultural" discussions on this list. I have to admit a lot of the technical discussions are beyond me, since I am still learning server-side Java technologies, and there are a lot of them. But another alternative to Microsoft is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

I told my family about it, but none of them know much about technology. I figured the DotGNU list would be a good group to tell, especially since you guys are against dot NET too.

Thank you for your time.

EKMacAdie