Re: [DotGNU]Java Support for Portable.NET

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Java Support for Portable.NET
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:16:48 +0530

If memory serves me right, Ingmar Kühl wrote:
> I've seen that there should be some support for Java in Portable.NET,
> but I haven't found anybody, who is doing active coding or designing on
> that subject.

I'm the guy working on the java compiler ... it will not be included with
Portable.net until after it's next release (and my copyright assignment to
FSF).

If you want to test it out , a patch is available at

http://symonds.net/~gopalv82/code/java_patches.tgz

The compiler plugin when installed allows compilation of java using
cscc -ljava.lang <file.java> .

I had more info posted about this last week (friday) to this list.
Check mail archives or mail me for new info.

Gopal