[DotGNU]Three Quarters of a Million Lines!

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Three Quarters of a Million Lines!
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:29:05 +1000

Hi all,

I've been keeping a close eye on the Portable.NET line count recently, and
we've just passed three quarters of a million lines (as measured by wc).
Also, for the first time, pnetlib has exceeded pnet in size:

    pnet     :  346044
    pnetlib  :  385479
    treecc   :   22713
    cscctest :   10252
    pnetC    :    6698
    total    :  771186

For those of you who remember, it took about a year to reach the first quarter
of a million.  Since then, we've added another half a million in 1.5 years,
which means we're getting faster, in no small part due to the contributions
of others during the last year.

We are now in pretty excellent shape, with large swaths of the base class
libraries implemented and working fine.  The compiler and runtime engine are
becoming more solid by the day.  And we've begun to look past merely
implementing the spec to seeing how we can use it for DotGNU (e.g. DGEE), how
we can tailor it for embedded environments, and how we can extend it to new
languages (Java, VB, C, C# generics, etc).

Keep up the good work guys!