Re: [DotGNU]compiling portable.net under cygwin

From: Ian Game
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]compiling portable.net under cygwin
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:44:37 +0100

Neil Cawse wrote:
Can anyone help?

I am trying compile portable.net in cygwin and im not have much luck. I did the following:

Install Cygwin from scratch making sure end of line property is set to UNIX, not DOS.

I selected the install of base, development and xfree86

I got the latest CVS source for treecc, pnet and pnetlib

cd treecc

./auto_gen.sh

./configure

config.status: creating

.infig.status: error: cannot find input file:

address@hidden /home/n/treecc

$

Searching the internet, sounds like an end of line issue.

I did

./config.status –recheck

ran fine:

…

configure: creating ./config.status

L Help please!!

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

I posted a few weeks (?) back about a similar problem. FWIW, I did have success under Cygwin but something broke it either with additions from DotGNU or changes to Cygwin or a combination of the two!

I had a look at the Cygwin UGs and people were experiencing funny problems which showed themselves in ways that were nothing to do with the root cause. You might like to see what the state of things are by mailing:

         address@hidden

This is a digest of bug reports BTW.

Cygwin is clever stuff, and mighty useful for those (many!) times when Windows is just not up to the job.

Anyway, I gave up eventually and shifted over to Linux (RH 8.0) which is about 10 times faster anyway so you might have a good excuse to go for that solution.

Hope this helps

Ian