Re: [DotGNU]X11 winforms on os x

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]X11 winforms on os x
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:53:01 +1000

On Saturday 14 June 2003 11:45 am, Ian Fung wrote:

> 1) xsharp.dll is not copied to my default lib directory along with the
> other libs. so i just copied it myself. xsharp.dll exists in
> pnetlib/Xsharp/

That's weird.  Automake problem, perhaps?

> 2) When i do "ilrun FormsHello.exe" in pnetlib/samples/ it gives me
> this error. one reason why it may be like that is because on os x, the
> library files are called dylib instead of .so. so i have
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib.

Do other PInvoke applications work with os x?  Perhaps you need to modify
"pnet/image/link.c" to use the "dylib" suffix instead of ".so"?  The name of
the function you need to look at is "ILPInvokeResolveModule".  The
"pnet/support/dynlib.c" code may also need some work.