Re: [DotGNU]Modified dgee/examples/Makefile.in

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Modified dgee/examples/Makefile.in
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:40:58 +0100

On Thursday 19 Jun 2003 15:17, Nicolai P Guba wrote:
> Hello chaps.
>
> I've modified the Makefile.in so that it installs the dgmx and dll files in
> the configured repository, rather than having to go through the manual
> install all the time.  Not worth doing a patch imo so I just attach it...

I wouldn't have these installed by default as they're just examples to be
poked about with.

When you write your own webservices, you'll have to upload them via
some manual process and this examples directory demonstrates all of
that.  I wouldn't want to 'hide' this procedure away.

Coming soon are some administration commands to upload webservices
to the "dgee of your choice" :o)

Howver...... having the makefile install the examples makes it easy for
newbies to get it running quickly as it removes some steps.

How about having a install-examples rule in the Makefile instead so you
can install the examples fi you want, but not by default?

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.