Re: [DotGNU]Threading is in !

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Threading is in !
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:36:10 +1000

On Thursday 26 June 2003 07:02 pm, Gopal V wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Gopal V wrote:
> > But 2 JScript test cases are still misbehaving ... /me scratches chin ...
>
> The errors seem to be in the GC routines ... which is why we we're getting
> any stack traces ... Hope that helps..

I think it is elsewhere.  If you "continue" from that point, the exception is
thrown later.  The SIGPWR signal is just "housekeeping" within the GC.

> I don't want winforms to be broken for too long :-(

Me neither.  I managed to add stack traces to the lock exception:

Uncaught exception: System.Threading.SynchronizationLockException: The current
thread does not own the lock for the specified object
        at System.Reflection.ClrMethod.Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder,
Object[], CultureInfo)
        at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureHandler(String, Boolean)
in ./System/Globalization/CultureInfo.cs:752
        at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CurrentCulture() in
./System/Globalization/CultureInfo.cs:182
        at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String, CultureInfo) in
./System/Resources/ResourceManager.cs:265
        at System.Object._(String) in ./System/Object.cs:106
        at Xsharp.InputOnlyWidget..ctor(Widget, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32,
Color, Boolean, Boolean)
        at Xsharp.InputOnlyWidget..ctor(Widget, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32,
Color, Boolean, Boolean) in ./InputOnlyWidget.cs:217
        at Xsharp.InputOutputWidget..ctor(Widget, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32,
Color, Color, Boolean, Boolean)
        at Xsharp.PlaceholderWindow..ctor(Widget)
        at Xsharp.Screen..ctor(Display, Int32, IntPtr) in ./Screen.cs:76
        at Xsharp.Display..ctor(IntPtr, String, Application) in
./Display.cs:77
        at Xsharp.Display.OpenInternal(String, Application) in
./Display.cs:171
        at Xsharp.Display.Open(String, Application) in ./Display.cs:204
        at Xsharp.Application..ctor(String, String[]) in ./Application.cs:252
        at XHello.Main(String[]) in ./XHello.cs:29

Hopefully this will help narrow things further.