[DotGNU]Winforms CheckBox

From: Simon Guindon
Subject: [DotGNU]Winforms CheckBox
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:05:42 -0400

I've been working on CheckBox control and I'm hitting an odd problem
with the drawing.  On .NET without even overriding OnPaint its drawing
the checkbox and the text to the right of the box.  I'm guessing that's
because my control inherits from ButtonBase but curious as to how it
knows to draw a CheckBox.  On PNET because it inherits from ButtonBase
its drawing the control's area as if it's a Button, with a beveled edge.
Any ideas?  I know I could just draw a solid fill with BackColor to
erase that, but there must be a way to supress this from happening or am
I approaching this incorrectly and I shouldn't be using OnPaint?
Somehow some way .NET is drawing the checkbox already.

Thanks,
Simon

Simon Guindon
Nureality Networks