Re: [DotGNU]I would like to join you in the development of DotGNU

From: gopalv82
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]I would like to join you in the development of DotGNU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:49:03 -0700 (PDT)

> I wish to contribute to DotGNU. I allready have
> some clear ideas about my first contributions,

Oh, good ... great rather..

> contributors to tell you about any unpublished document from Microsoft they
> read and I had been working for them for two years until two years ago. I
> was a support engineer/professional for VisualStudio's C++ for the german
> speaking customers.

The entire question about working with MS is "Have you signed any NDAs and
if you did , have they all expired ?"... If you have any existing NDAs
you might be forced to keep off from tangible contributions (ie code in
general) .

But that doesn't keep you from using dotgnu , reporting bugs and building
packages . And this also doesn't keep you from building independent tools
which work with dotgnu . The legal restrictions apply for contributions
that enter dotgnu CVS and as far as I know for them only.

This is kinda like being a "DotGNU Evangelist" and not being a "DotGNU
Developer" :)

Gopal

PS: did you ever try running pnet in a german locale ? .. (a few of
    the exception message resources are translated.)